|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Friday, September 2, 2011

Woman, 22, punches bear in nose

An Alaskan woman punched a black bear in the nose when it tried to make off with her pet dachshund.

Brook Collins, of Juneau, had let her two dogs, Fudge and Toki, out in her backyard when she saw the bear snatch up Fudge.

Acting on instinct, the 22-year-old hairdresser rushed to punch the bear in the face, the Juneau Empire reported.

"I was freaking out. I was screaming at it. My dog was screaming. I ran up to it... I just punched it right in the snout and it let go," she said.

"It was a stupid thing but I couldn't help it. I know you're not supposed to do that but I didn't want my dog to be killed."

The stunned bear released Fudge, who suffered minor claw and bite marks.

Bear sightings are common in Juneau and, even though her move saved Fudge, Ms Collins said she'd never repeat the feat.

"I wasn't in my right mind at the moment but I would never think of doing it again," she said.

Black bears frequently roam the downtown of Alaska's capital city, which rests against a steep mountain slope and is surrounded by rain forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...