|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Couple pay tribute to Mills and Boon

A London couple have paid their own ironic tribute to the romantic fiction of Mills and Boon - by recreating the book covers.

Alex Holder and boyfriend Ross Neil had their tongues firmly in their cheeks for the project, reports the Daily Mail.

Mills and Boon novels are as famous for their slushy covers featuring lovers in unlikely poses as they are for their repeated plots and guaranteed happy endings.

Miss Holder and Mr Neil decided to mirror some of their favourites, including: Dark Obsession and A First Time for Everything.

Their photographs are displayed alongside the, rather tattered, original covers that inspired them.

"Sometimes we sit for hours staring at a sea shell. Other times he'll hold me by the neck in front of the pyramids," says Miss Holder.

"But there's nothing we like more than nearly kissing each other near some horses."

The amount of effort that goes into the pictures is clear to see. Miss Holder coloured her hair brown for one of the covers.

She added: "It was my idea, I thought it would be funny. I painted the backdrops, and sourced the clothes myself.

"They were shot in my studio at my flat in London with the help of my creative partner Oli Kellett and a lot of fake tan."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...