|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Angler catches scuba diver

An angler battled to reel-in what he thought was the catch of a lifetime - only to find he had hooked a scuba diver between the legs.

John Goldfinch, 61, was fishing for mackerel on the beach at Budleigh Salterton, Devon, when he felt a huge bite, reports the Daily Telegraph.

But his excitement turned to shock when his hook surfaced about 15 metres offshore to reveal the hapless frogman.

Mr Goldfinch, of Exmouth, said: "My mates were falling about laughing. I said 'sorry mate, I didn't see you there' and he just said it was very murky down there.

"The funniest thing was that his girlfriend then surfaced, helped him remove my tackle from his tackle and nonchalantly handed the hook back to me and apologised."

Mr Goldfinch is now enjoying telling and retelling the tallest of fishermen's tales.

"One of my friends was on his first fishing trip and he asked if it happened very often - I told him it was a once in a lifetime thing," he said.

"When I went home and told my wife, she just said she was glad I didn't bring him home as she couldn't have eaten a whole one."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...