|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Monday, August 1, 2011

Boffin breeds 'world's tiniest frogs'

A computer sciences professor in China claims he has artificially bred the world's smallest frog.

Hu Gansheng, 56, says his tiny frogs are so small they can only be seen clearly through a magnifying glass.

But he added that he was reluctant to tell his colleagues at the Jiangxi Science and Technology Normal University in Nanchang, Jiangxi Province, of his achievement.

"I am afraid my leaders and colleagues would say I am not devoted to my work, although I did all this in my spare time," said Hu.

The professor says his frogs are smaller than a mung bean at only half a centimetre long, but can leap more 10cm.

"This type of new frog is very small, but very active. They love sports," he explained.

Hu said the small frog was a cross-breed between several local frogs.

"Last year, I went to the suburbs and caught several types of frogs, and dedicated myself to cross-breeding them to make new frog types," he said.

Hu now plans to breed more mini frogs to sell as novelty pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...