|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Monday, May 23, 2011

Britain's strongest schoolgirl

An 11-year-old who can lift almost her own body weight above her head has been named Britain's strongest schoolgirl.

Charley Craig, from Glasgow, is only 4ft 7ins tall and weighs just over five stone but can outlift every child in the gym where she trains.

She trains for 12 hours a week and dreams of winning gold at the Commonwealth Youth Games, reports the Daily Mail.

Charley said: "It is really hard work and I'm sore most of the time. But then I look back and I'm happy with what I've done.

"My coach says I've got the potential to do well and go really far. The adults in the gym give me loads of support.

"When I can't do it they say ''up, up, up'' and they encourage me so I can concentrate and do it."

Like many girls of her age, Charley's bedroom is wall-to-wall pink and she likes nothing better than doing her make-up and reading fashion magazines.

Her mother, Amanda Black, 37, drives her to the gym every day and ensures she sticks to a strict diet of pasta, fruit and vegetables.

Charley's brother, Daniel, 20, who is also a competing weightlifter, has become his sister's coach.

He said: "When Charley first started weightlifting it was to join in with me and mum. Then she got serious and I couldn't be more pleased with her progress.

"Her small size is actually an advantage because she has less of her own bulk to heave up. We're all really proud of her."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...