|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Monday, May 23, 2011

Man finds - and gives away - fortune

A US man found nearly £30,000 in the attic of his new house - and immediately gave it back to the previous owner's family.

Josh Ferrin was exploring his new home in Salt Lake City, Utah, when he found $45,000 stuffed into tins and boxes.

"I freaked out, locked it in my car, and called my wife to tell her she wouldn't believe what I had found," said Mr Ferrin.

Along with his wife and children, they spread out thousands of notes on a table, separating the bundles one by one.

Despite being tempted to keep the money to help him pay for mounting bills and a broken down car, Mr Ferrin sought out the six children of the home's previous owner, who had died, and gave them the money.

"I'm not perfect, and I wish I could say there was never any doubt in my mind," he said.

"We knew we had to give it back, but it doesn't mean I didn't think about our car in need of repairs, how we would love to adopt a child and aren't able to do that right now, or fix up our outdated house that we just bought," he said.

"But the money wasn't ours to keep and I don't believe you get a chance very often to do something radically honest, to do something ridiculously awesome for someone else and that is a lesson I hope to teach to my children."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...