|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Artist painted a year's meals

A graphic designer has kept a record of everything he has eaten for a year - by painting every meal.

David Meldrum, 48, from Great Bardfield in Essex, decided to illustrate everything he consumed from 15 June last year.

The newly-completed project has seen him depict a cuisine ranging from TV dinners in plastic trays to food from a Vietnamese restaurant.

Mr Meldrum used acrylic, watercolour, collage, pen and ink pictures to make the pictures, which also include everything he drank with his meals and his deserts.

And the results are a shockingly honest portrait of his diet, with 305 pints of Peroni lager, 1360 cups of coffee and a sweet-toothed 122 Freddo chocolate bars consumed.

He said: "I have always kept a sketchbook as a way of making a personal record of life around me. Food and the way it is presented through advertising, signage and packaging fascinates me, as does typography.

"I take a digital photo of everything and keep any packaging. The illustration takes anything from one-and-a-half to two hours, depending on the quantity of subject matter."

He added: "I never missed a day as I would only have been cheating myself. Its very easy to get behind with work and on occasions when there's a backlog its difficult and very time consuming to catch up.

"Now the project is over I will have time to assess and reflect on my diet!"

The Food Illustrator Project is on show at Arch 402 Gallery in Hoxton, London until 26 June.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...