|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Paralysed teen to publish novel

A girl with cerebal palsy who is almost completely paralysed and who never had a day's schooling in her life is set to have her first novel published.

Wang Qianjin, 18, of Zhenjiang, in eastern China's Jiangsu Province, can only write by touching a computer keyboard with her lips.

But she has built up an online following for her fiction and has now been offered a contract to have her first novel published.

Qianjin can only communicate by computer but taught herself Chinese and can also understand Japanese and Korean.

She said: "I watched a lot of TV dramas, which all have captions. I learnt the pronunciation along with the structure of the characters. I can remember anything after seeing it once."

She writes under the online pseudonym The Exiled Fairy and her latest work is a 200,000 character love story, depicting the story of a girl from a rich family who falls in love with a gangster.

She is still working on the novel, which she posts chapter by chaper, but it has already attracted more than 340,000 hits.

Qianjin added: "Many readers leave messages for me, asking me to update more quickly, but I write as fast as I can.

"I write from 9am to 1am. Besides meals and sleep, I spend all my time on the computer."

Her father, Wang Yunqi, didn't even know about his daughter's talent until she was offered the deal by an online publisher.

"She just stays at home and never had a day of school education. It's hard to believe that she can write, and can even write novels," he said.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...